Bitcoin is very exciting and we are very excited that you are taking this journey with us.
This guide will help to find existing offers. If you want to create your own offer, please check this guide.
Let’s see what are the main steps to buy Bitcoin on Paxful.
Start searching for an offer by clicking on “Buy Bitcoin”.
Set your preferred offer requirements:
- Choose your preferred payment method from a list of over 300 payment methods.
- Select the amount you’ll be spending.
- Choose the currency you wish to deal in.
- Select a country.
Сlick “Search For Offers” and you will see a list of offers to choose from. Remember to look at every detail of each offer because all of them play an important role in finding the right offer: how much you get on the dollar, seller’s reputation/activity etc.
Choose an offer and click “Buy” or “View Offer”. This will not start a trade but will guide you to the offer details.
- You can click on a user to open his profile for more details on your potential trade partner.
- Note the user’s reputation, activity, verification level, BTC volume, amount of trusted by or blocked by, when the user joined Paxful.
Read the offer terms and decide if the offer conditions fit you.
If you are new to Paxful, feel free to use our guide by clicking on “Take a Tour”.
Once you read through the seller’s offer terms and are happy with them, enter the amount you are willing to trade for and click “Buy Now”.
This opens the trade with the instructions and the chatbox. Once you have followed all instructions of the vendor, sent the required files and documents, and have made a payment, click the “Paid” button. If you don’t click it, the trade will expire and bitcoins will be released from the escrow back to the seller.
- Once a trade has started the amount of BTC in escrow is fixed. It will not change according to fluctuations!
- There is a time window for you to confirm the payment.
- You can always cancel the trade.
- When you click “Paid”, the seller cannot cancel the trade anymore.
- If you see that your trade partner is acting against our Terms of Service, you can start a dispute and wait for our Moderators to step in the argument.
- You can also register a report, which will be filed on the seller’s profile and will be viewed and investigated later by our dedicated department.
In case of successful trade, the seller releases bitcoins from the escrow into your personal Paxful wallet.
- After a trade, you can always download a public receipt.
- Public receipt:
- Do not forget to leave feedback to your trade partner. Feedback on our platform creates your reputation and is extremely valuable for each and every user.
Here are some of the more popular payment methods for buying and selling bitcoins:
- Want $1-$30? Gift cards might be a good option for you. There is a wide variety of gift cards available on Paxful such as iTunes, Target, Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, or Gamestop. You can also use OneVanilla prepaid gift cards as well. Just buy one at a drug store and search for a good deal.
- Want to buy with a debit, credit, or prepaid gift card? Some vendors may ask for ID and the price might be a little bit higher than other payment methods, but you will get your bitcoins instantly.
- Want the BEST PRICE? Buy with bank cash deposit. Start talking to a vendor and get his bank account number and deposit the cash to the teller. You won’t even need a bank account as you’re paying with cash anyway.
- Want to buy bitcoins with PayPal, Netspend, Skrill, or other online wallets?
For more tips on how to buy bitcoin quick and easy, click here.